Bikestyle Handicap Road Race Series
Bikestyle Handicap Series 2019.
Under the Rules & Regulations of TLI Cycling
Fantastic racing for all levels and ability from world champion to novice! This is the most popular form of racing on the island!
Events are handicapped ensuring that all competitors are in with a chance of contesting the finale.
Novices will be placed within a ‘mentored’ ability group. They will have an experienced racer with them providing guidance, reassurance and encouragement.
Great prizes and prize presentation buffet included in the series entry, ‘spot’ prizes at each event. Thanks to Bikestyle for providing all the prizes and the buffet!
Lots of banter, great fun & a warm welcome to all.
Venue: Jurby Parade Ground.
Race distance 18 to 26 miles depending on ability.
Dates; Thursday 9 May , Thursday 16 May, Thursday 23 May, Thursday 13 June, Thursday 20 June, Thursday 27 June, Thursday 18 July & Thursday 25 July.
Start time: 7. 00pm.
Event HQ & start located at the Guardhouse Cafe with parking at Jurby Parade Ground.
Competitor registration closes at 6.45pm prompt
- 8 race series with points awarded to every finisher in each race.
- Points will be awarded as follows; 100 to the winner reducing by 1 point for each place down the field.
- Best 6 race results count towards the overall series result.
- All competitors must stand down to marshal for 1 event. This is compulsory. Marshal duties include lead/following car, direction marshal or start/finish official/steward. Duty will depend on experience. We will ensure novices are placed with experienced personnel.
- Competitors under age 18 must provide an adult to marshal at 1 event during the series, they will also be required to stand down from racing.
- Tli licences must be presented at sign on to each event.
- Competitors under age 16 must have a parent or guardian present at the race.
- The decision of the race judges is final.
- Entry on the line will only be available if there is space and will be taken via a reserve list. Contact the organiser via the Contact Page or call tel 07624 475341.
- YOU MUST BE A FULL MEMBER OF TLI CYCLING TO TAKE PART
Entry Fees Series
- Over age 18 TLI members £135.00
- Under age 18 TLI members £90.00
Entry Fees On Day
- Over age 18 TLI members £17.00
- Under age 18 TLI members £12.00
Series entries close on 28th April 2019.
Rider registration and number collection will be at Bikestyle on Wednesday 1 May 2019.
Prize presentation provisional date is Saturday 12th October at Bikestyle, Market Hill, Douglas.
Thanks to Bikestyle for providing an extensive prize list and buffet presentation.
********Please state if you have a preferred date to marshal********
ENTRIES OPEN ON MONDAY APRIL 1ST 2019