Bikestyle Handicap Series 2018
Price & Entry
Bikestyle Chapionship Handicap Series 2018.
Under the Rules & Regulations of TLI Cycling
Fantastic racing for all levels and ability from world champion to novice!
This is the most popular form of racing on the Island and is the ideal way to experience the thrill of racing in a fun and relaxed environment.The series takes in 8 events on the roads of Jurby PLUS FOR THE FIRST TIME THE BRAND NEW CANADA LIFE DOUGLAS KERMESSE which will take place in September.
All races are handicapped ensuring that all competitors are in with a chance of contesting the finale.
Novices will be placed within a ‘mentored’ ability group. They will have an experienced racer with them providing guidance, reassurance and encouragement.
Great prizes and prize presentation buffet included in the series entry, ‘spot’ prizes at each event. Thanks to Bikestyle for providing all the prizes and the buffet!
Lots of banter, great fun & a warm welcome to all.
Venue: Guardhouse Cafe Jurby.
Race distance 18 to 26 miles depending on ability.
Dates; Thursday 10 May , Thursday 17 May, Thursday 24 May, Thursday 14 June, Thursday 21 June, Thursday 28 June,Thursday 19 July, & Thursday 26 July
Start time: 7. 00pm.
Event HQ & start located at Jurby Parade Ground. For Douglas Kermesse HQ will be announced in March.
The final points scoring round will be the Canada Life Douglas Kermesse please see the separate event page on this website. Details of the event will be available to view in April.
Competitor registration closes at 6.40pm prompt
- 9 race series with points awarded to every finisher in each race.
- Points will be awarded as follows; 100 to the winner reducing by 1 point for each place down the field. Double points awarded at the final round.
- Lap Prime points 1st 20, 2nd 15 & 3rd 10.
- Best 6 race results count towards the overall series result.
- All competitors must stand down or provide an experienced marshal for 1 event. This is compulsory and riders must comply to qualify for inclusion in the overall results. Marshal duties include lead/following car, direction marshal or start/finish official/steward. Duty will depend on experience. We will ensure novices are placed with experienced personnel.
- Competitors under age 18 must provide an adult to marshal at 1 event during the series.
- TLI licences must be presented at sign on to each event.
- Competitors under age 16 must have a parent or guardian present at the race.
- The decision of the race judges is final.
- Entry on the line will only be available if there is space and will be taken via a reserve list. Contact the organiser via the Contact Page or call tel 07624 475341.
- YOU MUST BE A FULL MEMBER OF TLI CYCLING TO TAKE PART.
Entry Fees Series
- Senior TLI members £140.00
- Under age 18TLI members £95.00
Entry Fees On Day
- Senior TLI members £17.00
- Under age 18 TLI members £12.00
Series entries close on Friday 4th May 2018.
NOTE THAT WHEN YOU ENTER ONLINE YOU WILL ONLY PAY A DEPOSIT OF £10, THE BALANCE OF THE ENTRY FEE SHOULD BE EITHER PAID IN CASH OR BY CHEQUE PAYABLE TO SAS EVENTS. WE ARE EMPLOYING THIS METHOD TO AVOID THE HIGH CHARGE TO COMPETITORS MADE BY THE ENTRY HANDLING COMPANY. INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED WITHIN THE ENTRY PROCESS.
WE ARE CONCIOUS THAT IN THE EARLY PART OF THE SEASON COMPETITORS HAVE TO PAY A NUMBER OF ENTRY FEES 'UP FRONT'. THEREFORE WE ARE PLEASED TO OFFER THE FACILITY TO PAY FOR THE BIKESTYLE SERIES IN THREE INSTALMENTS.
TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER SIMPLY COMPLETE A TLI STANDARD ENTRY FORM AND SEND TO THE ADDRESS BELOW WITH THREE POST DATED CHEQUES FOR 4TH MAY, 4TH JUNE & 4TH JULY. CHEQUES SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO SAS EVENTS. THE COST IS; SENIOR £50 PER CHEQUE AND UNDER 18'S £35. THIS IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN PAYING 'UP FRONT,' THE ADITIONAL CHARGE REFLECTS THE COST INCURRED BY SAS EVENTS DUE TO BANKING CHARGES AND ADMINISTRATION WORK.
Prize presentation date and venue to be advised.
Thanks to Bikestyle for providing an extensive prize list and buffet presentation.
********Please state if you have a preferred date to marshal********
Isle of Man